Augusta is a city in Georgia. It is a very old and one of the most visited places. It beholds a rich history in itself. The city has all the famous tourist attractions like Augusta Museum, Augusta National Golf Club, various parks and great hotels to stay.
Places to visit:
- Augusta National Golf Club– Augusta National Golf Club was founded by Bobby Jones in the 1930s and is one of the top most famous places in the city.
- Augusta Riverwalk- Augusta Riverwalk is established near the Savannah river. It has a playground and several other features to enjoy.
- Augusta Museum of History – This museum was constructed in 1937. It was formed to preserve the rich history of Augusta.
- Augusta Canal National Heritage Site- Augusta Canal is the oldest industrial canal built in1845. It has trails, fishing & boat tours.
- Phinizy Swamp Nature Park- Phinizy is spread over an area of 1,100 acres land. This nature park has multiuse trails, a science facility with classes & events, wetlands and woodlands. And also has a campus for water research and environmental education.
- Evans Towne Center Park- Public park with a concert pavilion, splash pad, dog area & playground, plus bike sharing.
Places to stay:
- Best Western Augusta West- Best Western is a very renowned hotel having suites with microwaves, free Wi-Fi, hot breakfast & a pool.
- The Partridge Inn Augusta- This is the oldest hotel featuring great rooms, a pool & Southern dining.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton- Homewood is a luxury hotel with luxury suites having kitchens. It also offers free Wi-Fi, an outdoor pool and breakfast.
- Red Roof Inn Augusta Washington Road – Red Roof Inn is a very affordable hotel featuring an outdoor pool, a fitness room and complimentary breakfast.
- Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center- Augusta Marriott is a lavish hotel offering indoor, outdoor pools, a restaurant & a free airport shuttle.