Augusta is a city located in Georgia. Augusta is famous for numerous gardens, elegant tree-lined avenues, museums, galleries and Southern food. Augusta city is also popular as a center of biotechnology and medicine.
Places to visit
- Augusta Canal- It is a famous Historic Place to visit.
- Forest Hills Golf Club- The club is famous for its gorgeous scenery and picturesque rolling course.
- Magnolia Cemetery
- Phinizy Swamp Nature Park- It offers a huge range of activities like bike riding and hiking.
- Scoyners- Scoyners is one of the most famous barbecue places that encourage the delicious tradition of barbecue.
- Springfield Baptist Church- Visitors should visit this historical and cultural icon in the city.
- Riverwalk- Here you can get the best views of the city.
- Augusta Museum of History- The collection of this museum is devoted to educate visitors on the story of this city.
- James Brown Memorial- It includes a famous memorial statue made of bronze.
- Imperial Theatre- It offers musical concerts and national acts.
- Forks Area Trail System- It is known as one of the best trails in the country for cyclists.
- Riverview Park- It provides basketball courts, gymnasium and trails.
- Sacred Heart Cultural Center- If you are interested in cultural events like concerts and art exhibitions, then you should visit this place.
- Hippodrome Disc Golf Complex
- Partridge Inn Hotel- If you are interested in old fashioned Southern hospitality then this is the place to visit.
Where to stay
- Gull Lake View Golf Resort- This hotel provides a restaurant, a fitness centre, business centre, barbecue grills and free Self parking.
- Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road- All 145 rooms of this hotel provide fridges, coffee makers, complimentary wireless Internet access and flat-screen TVs with cable channels.
- La Quinta Inn Augusta- This smoke free hotel provides an outdoor pool, a 24-hour front desk, and free breakfast.